Enabling Innovative Wastewater Treatment Solutions
To develop this product, our client needed to integrate into their design water quality sensors with remote monitoring capabilities. These sensors had to offer near-real-time water quality monitoring to:
- trigger process-control adjustments for wastewater treatment, and
- assess and validate the quality of treated water to allow for recycling/reuse.
Our client needed to understand state-of-the-art, field grade sensors for wastewater monitoring. The sensors would monitor targets that included nutrients, dissolved oxygen, suspended solids, and organic loading. We identified and characterized
- types of sensors used to monitor and control wastewater treatment processes,
- underlying technologies used in these sensors, including the advantages and disadvantages of each,
- major manufacturers serving this industry, and
- cost ranges for specific sensors and integrated sensor systems.
Our clients used our insights to determine the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of integrating existing sensors into their system. They were also able to weigh the costs and benefits of using state-of-the-art sensors against investing in developing new technology.