Defining a Digital Innovation Space
In our work to define the role of and requirements for their collaborative digital innovation space, we incorporated our experience
- working with manufacturing stakeholders to determine their needs and barriers to adoption of Industry 4.0 technologies,
- helping U.S. small and medium manufacturers identify and adopt new technologies,
- building regional technology-focused innovation ecosystems, and
- assessing regions’ economic and innovation capabilities.
Identifying a niche opportunity: digital twin technology
We recommended the construction of a space that would provide a value proposition for industry engagement. Subsequently, we
- Identified key partners and early adopters
- Considered programs that would support the different stakeholders and attract industry engagement
- Proposed business and operational models that would serve the community while generating revenue and leading to long term sustainability
- Advised on the elements of the building design that would align with the business model and programming.
Using our insights, our client received funding to implement the project and asked us to advise during the project’s second phase. We tested the viability of potential business models defined in the first phase and collaborated with the architects to ensure the building layout supported the University’s goals and vision.