Ensuring Executive Buy-in
Witnessing the success of the demo app at the tradeshow, our client saw the potential to expand the project’s focus organization-wide. However, before expanding the project, the internal innovation team needed to communicate the technology’s benefits to the executive team and receive their buy-in. We positioned the innovation team to address:
- the fundamental jobs of immersive technology
- the value of adding applications
- trends that would drive immersive technology adoption
- enabling factors that would allow immersive technology to scale and
- how immersive technology could support corporate objectives.
Once the innovation team received executive support, we turned our attention to defining client-specific applications of virtual and augmented reality. During this second phase we continued to identify use cases that could be easily accomplished with the technology. We clarified the best uses of immersive technologies to improve internally and achieve operational strategic objectives. We identified operations, manufacturing, and sales and marketing as areas that would benefit from alternative reality, while virtual reality would be most beneficially applied to training.
Confirming the opportunity
Amidst the hype, we confirmed the opportunity around immersive technology by:
- positioning our client to understand augmented, virtual and mixed reality technologies, relevant trends and key enablers affecting their scope and scale
- enumerating the business benefits and implications of immersive technologies and
- defining a plan to implement and best leverage specific technology applications in functional areas.