Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms which are provided for your convenience. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website / digital platform that you visit.
Data Protection Officer
P.O. Box 12194
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Information we collect and what we use it for
RTI may collect information, including both Personal Information and Non-Identifying Information. Information may be collected when you access or use this site, open or respond to our emails, enter your information into a form on this site and submit that form, visit any page online that displays our content; and link to the site via a social networking site.
We use your data for the following purposes:
- to operate, maintain and improve the Site and our services;
- to provide information to you about our projects should you request information and answer any questions you may have;
- perform analytics and conduct client research;
- to communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about RTI, sometimes by combining your information with information from other sources;
- to allow you to apply for a job with RTI
- to enable us to complete any pre-employment screenings such as background checks; employment applications using an online process, verification of education, review of any potential conflicts using third-party vendor;
- to administer human resources functions such as identification in RTI directories, correspondence, emails, and text communications, background check information (including criminal records, educational transcripts/records, past work history, credit records); payroll data (including pay/bonus/benefits information, social security or national identification number, salary and bank account data), citizenship information; diversity metrics data; performance evaluations; discipline records; information relevant to internal investigations and complaints; safety/accident records; facility security information; attendance records; language proficiencies; emergency contacts; insurance/benefits beneficiaries; physical/health accommodation information; personal information in technical policies; data relevant to compliance with all Federal, State and International laws; training records; employer program/affinity group/events registrations and data; business travel itineraries including geolocation services; expense reimbursement records; data within the “Human Capital Management,” “GEMS,” “RTI University” Learning Management System;
- to enable RTI to complete any post-employment screening;
- send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, service bulletins, marketing messages, and requested information;
- administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activity or events sponsored by us;
When we use your data for the above-defined purposes, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. For example: name, address, post office box, email address, telephone number, internet protocol (IP) address. We may also infer your country of location from the IP address you have used to access our digital platforms.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside of the United States of America
In order to provide information to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organizations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf.
These may include, for example, vendors who provide services for us such as payroll services, payment processing organizations, fraud prevention, or employment screening; to comply with legal orders and government requests, or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions; if we are under a legal or regulatory duty to do so; if it is necessary to do so to enforce a contract with you; to lawfully assist the police with the prevention and detection of crime; where such disclosure is necessary to protect the safety or security of any persons, with your consent; and/or otherwise as permitted under applicable law.
Collection of Data from Individuals’ Outside the United States and California
If you reside in Canada, you may have the right to be provided with access to Personal I information that we have collected about you and written information about our policies and practices with respect to the transfer of your personal information to vendors outside Canada. To find out more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, resident of California can obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. The law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of personal information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by RTI pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please contact us at email@example.com or the address stated above. Please allow thirty (30) days for a response.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
Notification of a Disclosure of Your Information
In common with many other website operators, we use standard technology called ‘cookies’ on our website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Security of information
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use commercially reasonable security procedures to protect personal information you provide to RTI. When you submit your information to us, we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to guard your information. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper-based systems and computerized databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them.
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Please do not share or disclose your password to any other person.
While RTI believes these security measures to be adequate, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of storage is completely secure. Please know that while we will make every effort keep your information secure, there is still a risk that your personal information could be misappropriated, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We do not monitor users of our site beyond the above-mentioned cookie tracking.
In accordance with applicable regulations, we do not collect data from children and do not intend that any portion of the site will be accessed or used by children under the age of thirteen, and such use is prohibited. This site is designed and intended for use by adults. By using rti.org, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old.
More about your information—your rights
You may correct or update your personal information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, date of birth and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
We will securely retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary and in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please write to us at email@example.com. You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please write to us at the address above if you wish to exercise this right.
Where to make a complaint
A list of DPAsis available here: http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080